Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Well Overdue

Okay, so let's just say this post is... well overdue. Clearly, I am not the blogger I once was long ago on Facebook. I wonder if that means my life is more boring or busy nowadays? At any rate, I still owe several people pictures of the new house and I have good news! They are coming! (Did you like that teaser?)

In all seriousness, we have a stager coming on Thursday to help me with my decorating and after that I intend to take pictures. To update everyone, here are a few things we've done to the house in the last few weeks:
  • Moved everything in
  • Had the ducts and carpets cleaned
  • Replaced the dishwasher (3 times)
  • Replaced the microwave
  • Added curtains to 7 windows
  • Finally put up some wedding pictures
  • Purchased a few small touches to make our house feel like a home including: a new vase, a nice small flower arrangement, two candlesticks, one candle (still need one more!)
  • Installed new toilet seats (a must!)
  • Installed an extra cabinet in the bathroom
  • Organized our medicine cabinet area and laundry room (courtesy of The Container Store)
  • Organized our pantry (also courtesy of The Container Store)

We are also going to be replacing our water heater- a wonderful surprise we found a week ago when trying to clean out the jets in our wonderful new spa tub we haven't been able to use yet. :( However, it is covered under our home warranty, so we shouldn't be out too much, though it was an unexpected expense. If you've been a homeowner of any length of time, you certainly understand this concept!

One of my favorite things that I've done so far to the house is take the new vase we bought and make my own arrangement to fit. I used Hydrangeas, curly stick things, pretty foliage, and some other kind of flower that I only know looks pretty! I plan to take a picture of it when we photograph the house after the staging. I think that after a first try it looks pretty good, but I anticipate improvements in the future.

We've had a lot going on lately and surprisingly our October is booked solid. We literally have something going on every Friday and Saturday for the whole month. Exciting but busy! The next update will have pictures... I promise.

Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: